At MetaCoastal, we take pride in creating an engaging and inclusive workplace environment for every employee. We accomplish this through the following avenues.
Charitable giving is at the core of MetaCoastal’s culture. Our monthly employee charity program, established in 2002, offers an opportunity for an employee to take the lead on fundraising efforts for a charity of his or her choice. Employees work to engage fellow employees with activities to raise money including bingo games, bake sales, auctions, departmental contests, raffles and more. In 2016, MetaCoastal and Travel Advantage Network employees collaborated to raise over $15,000 in donations.
“Corporate giving should be a staple in the business world,” said Brad Callahan, Owner and Chief Executive Officer. “With so many outstanding causes and charities out there, it didn’t seem right to focus our corporate efforts to a select few. Instead, we have made an impact on well over 100 charities since our program was initiated.”
Here are just some of the charities we have supported throughout the years:
- Samaritan’s Purse
- Mended Little Hearts
- Alzheimer’s Association
- Down Syndrome Connection
- The Wounded Marine Fund
- March of Dimes
- Lupus Foundation of America
- Chesapeake Bay Foundation
- For the Cure – Breast Cancer
- Practical Compassion
- Believe in Tomorrow Children’s Foundation
- Habitat for Humanity
- Adult Congenital Heart Association
- Almost Heaven Golden Retriever Sanctuary
- Maryland Therapeutic Riding
- Frisky’s Wildlife & Primate Sanctuary, Inc
We work hard, but we play hard too. We want each of our employees to come to work every day and feel motivated to get the job done. However, we also want them to be happy and stress-free when doing their job. How do we accomplish this?
- Fun Committee: Our Fun Committee brainstorms each month ways to promote…well, fun! From a little friendly competition with our office Olympics to a relaxing break getting a much-earned massage, the Fun Committee strives for employees to laugh a little harder and smile a little more at work.
- Book Club: Each month, an employee hosts book club, open to all employees. The company provides the books; all the employees have to do is read! Our monthly book club helps to not only foster discussion and conversation, but also encourages employee engagement and strengthens relationships amongst co-workers.
- Wellness Activities: We don’t want work to stop our employees from feeling healthy and confident. Our Human Resources department works diligently to promote various wellness activities including weight loss challenges, wellness seminars and more.
- Company-Sponsored Events: To reward our employees for their hard work and dedication, MetaCoastal hosts events throughout the year such as summer picnics, Halloween department contests, and end-of-the-year celebrations. Whether it is during office hours or outside of the office, we want to thank our employees and convey our immense gratitude.
With a common goal in mind, MetaCoastal employees work collaboratively to service each client. Although each department may handle different aspects of the business, constant communication amongst the company allows for expectations to align and cohesiveness to be developed.
- All-Hands: Every quarter, all MetaCoastal employees are required to go to the All-Hands meeting where employees are updated on MetaCoastal information along with updates/achievements from all of the clients that they serve. These meetings provide steady communication and an opportunity for co-workers to gather to discuss the wins and the challenges of the previous three months.
- The Scoop: Our monthly newsletter, The Scoop, is emailed to not just MetaCoastal employees, but also to employees of Beachtree Properties, Travel Advantage Network, Elevate Cleans and Vantage Resort Realty. Each newsletter highlights important information from all companies to provide employees with the organizational news they need to know.
- Competitive base pay
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Incentive: bonus and commission
- Subsidized affordable medical and life insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
- 401(K) (with annual discretionary match)
- Employee Travel Benefits
- Educational Travel Days (paid days off to travel)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Training and business development
- Company sponsored wellness programs (Biggest Loser, Fit Bit Challenge)
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Discounts to local gyms, cell phone services, and other products and services
- Financial, legal and wellness coaching
- Company sponsored “Fun” events (Cookouts, potlucks, etc.)
- Employee sponsored charity events
- Employee sponsored book clubs
- All Hands and Town Hall Meetings
- Lunches with the CEO
- Annual Employee Survey
- Employee involvement in client contest submissions
All of our employees have access to the same vacation destinations as our travelers. Employees have the opportunity to earn travel points, which can be used towards their next vacation to any Travel Advantage Network destination. Employees can earn points by participating in various activities including charity efforts, book club, attending outside company events, etc along with earning points for their anniversary with the company. In addition, when traveling to one of the destinations in our inventory, employees are given three Educational travel days each year, which are three bonus paid days off outside of their PTO.